A team goes out in Buckingham (the place, not the palace) and offers prayer to 129 people over two days.
53% say yes to prayer
34% say yes to hearing the gospel
13% want to know more
2% turn and believe on the spot
This is postmodern, postChristian, secular England. Maybe everyone is unsettled by Brexit. Or maybe the reason we don’t see movements in the west is we’re not in the community sharing the gospel and making disciples.
UPDATE: This just came in from Will Burnham working among immigrants in Athens.
Stop delaying. Get some training.
5 key findings from a report to Catholic Bishops into the faith of young adults in Europe:
- The proportion of young adults (16-29) with no religious affiliation (‘nones’) is as high as 91% in the Czech Republic, 80% in Estonia, and 75% in Sweden. These compare to only 1% in Israel, 17% in Poland, and 25% in Lithuania. In the UK and France, the proportions are 70% and 64% respectively.
- 70% of Czech young adults – and c. 60% of Spanish, Dutch, British, and Belgian ones – ‘never’ attend religious services. Meanwhile, 80% of Czech young adults and c. 70% of Swedish, Danish, Estonian, Dutch, French and Norwegian ones ‘never’ pray.
- Catholics make up 82% of Polish, 71% of Lithuanian, 55% of Slovenian, and 54% of Irish 16-29 year-olds. In France, it is 23%; in the UK, 10%.
- Only 2% of Catholic young adults in Belgium, 3% in Hungary and Austria, 5% in Lithuania, and 6% in Germany say they attend Mass weekly. This contrasts sharply with their peers in Poland (47%), Portugal (27%), the Czech Republic (24%), and Ireland (24%). Weekly Mass attendance is 7% among French, and 17% among British, Catholic young adults.
- Only 26% of French young adults, and 21% British ones, identify as Christians. Only 7% of young adults in the UK identify as Anglicans, compared to 6% as Muslims. In France, 2% identify as Protestants, and 10% as Muslims.
4Fields — 4Days
- UK & Europe 4 Day / 4 Fields Training, Leicester UK
DATE: Thurs 19th April 9.00am - Sunday 22nd April 4.00pm
VENUE: Trinity Hall, Trinity Lane, Leicester LE1 6WY
CONTACT: David Robinson or see more here
Following & Fishing
DATE: Saturday 27th January 9.00am-4.00pm ONE DAY ONLY
VENUE: Oak Grove Church, 70 Catton Grove Road, Norwich NR3 3NT
CONTACT: Darren Woodward
DATE: Friday 2nd February 7.30-9.30pm & Saturday 3rd February 9am-4.00pm
VENUE: St Budeaux Foundation School, Priestley Avenue PL5 2DW
CONTACT: Stephen Beach
- Gold Hill Baptist Church
DATE: Friday 9th February 7.30-9.30pm & Saturday 10th February 9am-4.pm
VENUE: Gold Hill Baptist Church, Chalfont St Peter SL9 9DG
CONTACT: Stephen Walker-Williams
DATE: Friday 23rd February 7.30-9.30pm & Saturday 24th February 9am-4pm
VENUE: St John's Church Hall, St John's Church Road, Folkestone CT19 5BQ
DATE: Friday 2nd March 7.30-9.30pm & Saturday 3rd March 9am-4.00pm
VENUE: B&A 160a Gloucester Rd, Bishopston, Bristol BS7 8NT
- Thurrock, Essex
DATE: Friday 9th March 7.30-9.30pm & Saturday 10th March 9am-4.00pm
VENUE: Socketts Heath Baptist Church, Premier Avenue, Grays, Essex RM16 2SB
CONTACT: Ashley Lovett
DATE: Saturday 24th March 9am-4.00pm
VENUE: North End Baptist Church, 195 Powerscourt Road, Portsmouth PO2 7JH
DATE: Saturday 14th April
VENUE: Kings Church, Greenclose Lane, Loughborough LE11 5AS
CONTACT: Rew Hulley
DATE: Various dates across Greater Manchester in 2018
VENUE: Various across Greater Manchester
CONTACT: Nick Duffy