As I mentioned, we’re learning a lot about training and mobilising in the short time we’ve been in the UK.
Here’s a few lessons that point to true north when it comes to training.
- Train just enough to get people started in the harvest.
- Don’t train in order to change people priorities. Train people who want to make disciples.
- The more people apply, the more training and input they receive.
- Let the stories of what God is doing attract others to the training.
- Start training with the basic skills, not movement principles.
- After people start doing something it’s time to teach them movement principles. Not before.
- Stay in touch after the training and look for those who are quick to do something. Give them your time.
- Don’t make enemies. Give people permission to opt in (or out) at the level for which they are ready.
- The end game is a team of people who want to make disciple and mobilise others.
- Train broadly to find the people you need to go deep with.