This is the last in a series on how to troubleshoot each of the Four Fields of a church planting movement.
Leadership multiplication: Key Questions
- Are there 2nd, 3rd, 4th generations of healthy churches?
- Are you in control?
Reproducing Discipleship truths/Vision casting:
Leadership training begins in Field 1 Your goal is next generation leaders capable of the kingdom process, tools and vision.
Give your leaders your intentional time. Who are you committed to spend 60-90 days with this year? Every Paul has a Timothy. Everyone leading a group must identify folks in their second groups and begin investing in them.
- Can you list your Timothies?
- What barriers are you seeing in each field for new/emerging leaders to emerge?
- How do you identify emerging leaders in field four/new church starts? Qualifications?
- Have you examined expectations with scripture?
- What roles for new leaders develop quickly?
- What roles need more specific/intentional responsibilities to foster?
- How do you empower? What roles need formal recognition?
- What roles are a product of every believer expectation?
- How do you handle discipline when roles are neglected?
- If you were removed today, what roles would suffer/end within your network?
Find out more on the Four Fields in my interviews with Nathan somewhere in South Asia: The Five Parts of a CPM Plan. Also my interviews with Jeff Sundell and Friends.