A checklist to evaluate the effectiveness of how you train workers:
- Is it obedience oriented, and does it have accountability?
- Does it give responsibility to those being trained?
- Does it lead to multiplication?
- Is it simple? Have you asked, What can we leave out? Or do you ask, What can we squeeze in?
- Is it actually reproducing disciples? Or just theoretically "reproducible"?
- Is it based on self-discovery? Or does the trainer just dump content?
- Does everything lead to forming churches?
Perhaps an eighth — does your training content and practice depend on the life-giving power of the Word and the Spirit?
I'm not sure who came up with it. William the Wise passed it on to me.