I picked up this model of the five stages of a church planting movement when I was in Singapore. Not a guaranteed formula for success. Just what best practice looks like.
1. Entry: Reproducing bridges
How do we start talking to people about the gospel?
Whom do we talk to (persons of peace, houses of peace, oikos or household).
2. Gospel: Reproducing evangelism (Acts 8:4)
Presence, Power, and Proclamation (Luke 10:5-9).
What clear, reproducible gospel presentation will work?
3. Discipling: Reproducing discipleship (Mark 1:17)
Teach them to obey the Word (followers) and teach them to catch others (fishers).
4. Church Formation: Reproducing church planting (Acts 2:37-47; 16:5, 1 Co 16:9)
Model and teach simple church.
Make sure they have the ball.
Why "reproducing" methods? Because "reproducible" methods is a concept. Reproducing methods are a reality.
1. Find these five characteristics in the ministry of Paul (Acts 13-28).
2. Assess your current ministry through the grid of the five parts of a CPM plan.
3. What needs to be different? What will you do?