The Wall is stage five of seven stages on the Critical Journey.
- Recognition of God: God humbles us
- Life of Discipleship: God grounds us
- Productive Life: God rewards and exalts us
- Journey Forward: God unsettles us
- The Wall: God unmasks us
- Journey Outward: God transforms us
- Life of Love: God transcends us
If you're in stages 1-3 you're not going to understand the Wall or even want to consider it as a future possibility. But for most leadersâ€”Bobby Clinton says 95%â€”one day the Wall will become a reality. How you deal with it will determine how you finish as a leader.
I have a hunch I may have reached the turning point. Time will tell. I don't mind any more. Once you've met Jesus at the Wall you're not in as much a hurry to move on.
Need to know more? Here's a great article by Bobby Clinton on Paul's experience: Deep Processing. Rich Vincent has written a handy summary of the Critical Journey: Stages of Faith. Or you can buy the book.