Blogging is the first technology to enable a simple conversation to go instantly global.Scoble and Israel
Just finished reading Naked Conversations. Here's what the authors say sets blogging apart from other forms of communication:
- Publishable. Anyone can publish a blog. You can do it cheaply and post often. Each posting is instantly available worldwide.
- Findable. Through search engines, people will find blogs by subject, by author, or both.
- Social. The blogsphere is one big conversation.
- Viral. No form of viral marketing matches the speed and efficiency of blogs.
- Syndicatable. By clicking on an icon, you can get free “home delivery” of RSS-enabled blogs.
- Linkable. Because each blog can link to all others, every blogger has access to millions of other bloggers.
Are you passionate about something? Do you have something to say that the world needs to hear? Maybe it's time you started blogging. . .
Tomorrow, what Scoble and Israel have to say about getting it right.