They identified the top 20 countries that have the highest percentage Christianity Average Annual Growth Rate (AAGR). The number of years for the number of Christians to double, based on the Average Annual Growth Rate has also been calculated.
Notice a few things:
- 19 of the countries in the top 20 are in Asia and Africa.
- 11 countries on the top 20 list are Muslim majority countries.
- not a single country from Europe, Northern America or Latin America makes the top 20 list
- the highest Christian growth rates are found among all major non-Christian religious groups: Hindus, Non-Religious, Buddhists, Muslims and Ethno-religionists (Benin and South Sudan)?
- the majority of the top 20 countries are clustered in three areas: Eastern Asia, Western Africa and the Arabian Peninsula